Yeshivas Beis Aryeh
Yeshivat Beth Aryeh was founded by Rav Aryeh Levine in the year 5709 (1949). Since then, it has been the home of scholars, rabbanim and poskim from all strata of society.
The Yeshiva was founded with the aim of gathering together young aspiring scholars, especially from among Yeshiva alumni in Eretz Yisrael, with a promising future in the world of Torah. For this purpose, Rav Aryeh Levine nominated his son-in-law, Rav Eliezer Platinsky, as the Rosh Yeshiva. For more than fifty years, the Yeshiva has been conducting shi’urim in all fields of Talmud study and various halachic issues. During this time, the Yeshiva has earned its place of honor at the eastern wall of the Torah world in Eretz Yisrael, while maintaining its small and qualitative format of outstanding scholars.
The Yeshiva also serves as a melting pot for many Torah teachers in Jerusalem and across Israel; many Rashei Yeshiva used to learn for years within the walls of this small sanctuary. Some of them were appointed as Rabbinical Judges and arbiters, while others enriched the Torah learning public with their renowned scholarly writings.
In the past, the student body included also unmarried young men. Today, the Yeshiva nucleus is comprised mainly of young and older married men, dedicated to their learning day and night, free of any outside distractions. A promising future awaits them as prominent members of the Torah world in Eretz Yisrael as well as Jewish communities across the world.
All gedolei Yisrael , past and present, such as Rav Isser Zalman Meltzer, Rav Isser Yehuda Unterman, Rav Yechezkel Avramsky and Rav Yitzchak Nissim, all of blessed memory, and - yibadlu lechaim - Rav Yosef Shalom Eliyashiv, Rav Aharon Y.L. Steineman and Rav Chaim Kanievsky shlita, call upon the Torah public to support and aid this great enterprise. And whoever assists them will be blessed from Heaven as the Torah greats write. To read their full letter, press_here